Counter Sales Associate
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Description Job SummaryResponsible for managing counter
sales and customer relations. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Orders products, arranges delivery, contacts customers
regarding delivery and updates customers on order status.
- Takes special orders and keep customers updated on
- Acts as liaison between warehouse supervisor and
- Ensures purchase orders are completed. Pulls orders as
- Answers telephones and ensures counters are properly
stocked.Career Level DimensionsTypical Training/Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility.Problem Complexity
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from
- Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.Autonomy
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
- Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of
output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.Environmental Job
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light
articles.Pay: $15.51 - $20.68 per hour OUR BENEFITSOur Total
Rewards program is there to meet your needs, so you can bring your
whole self to work. Health & WellnessMedical with 100% coverage for
preventative care, triple tax-advantaged health savings account,
dental, vision, disability, whole life and more. Financial
Wellbeing401(k), and financial wellness services. For Your
FamilyPaid maternity and paternity leave, domestic partner coverage
options, adoption assistance, pet insurance. Professional
NetworksOur Women's Network and other organizations provide
community engagement, professional development and industry
networking opportunities. Learn & GrowTuition reimbursement,
tuition grants, and hundreds of hours of internal training
available. Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience using sales order computer software.
- Knowledge of Core & Main construction and industrial
products.#monster About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main
is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire
protection products in the United States. Operating approximately
275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with
a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities
innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe
distribution of water and fire protection to help communities
thrive. Visit to learn more. Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person's merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including
breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law. None
of the questions in this application are intended to elicit
information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any
limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon
non-job-related information or protected characteristics. For more
information, please click or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, El Centro , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Brawley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!