Branch Service and Sales Officer, El Centro, CA
Company: Union Bank
Location: El Centro
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
experience?Discover your opportunity with Union Bank -, a division
of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest
financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients'
best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience
to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're
part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the
world's most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts
with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to
achieve your potential.Join Union Bank, where being inspired is
expected and creating results is rewarded.The Branch Service and
Sales Officer is responsible for assisting and educating clients on
self-service banking options (for example, mobile, online, ATM) as
well as performing day-to-day Branch operations activities,
including but not limited to client-facing transactions and
maintenance, cash handling and identifying sales opportunities. The
incumbent will be expected to develop long-standing and mutually
beneficial banking relationships through the process of profiling
while opening new accounts. The position requires great flexibility
and nimbleness as the incumbent must be comfortable expertly
executing all branch sales and service functions and engaging in
high degrees of interaction with customers. Responsibilities within
amount of time focused between sales and service activities may
fluctuate based on branch staffing and market opportunity of
assigned branch.Management or Supervision: NoMajor
Responsibilities:40% Sales Support Activities
- Build strong and lasting financial relationships with
- Build on a holistic understanding of customer needs to build
brand trust and become their primary institution.
- Ensure customers have complete and accurate understandings of
product features, including service charges, interest rates,
- Maintain a current and thorough understanding of all consumer
and business-related products and services and ensure proficiency
in new account opening systems and procedures.
- Open deposit accounts and sell banking products as appropriate
for the customer's needs (examples: credit cards, CDs, loans).
- Ensure customers are connected to the appropriate teammate or
partner to help them achieve their financial goals; make sure all
sales, service and specialized needs are met; and help drive
overall branch growth.40% Customer Service and Branch Operations
- Assist Branch Manager to ensure consistent and exceptional
experiences are provided to foster customer satisfaction and
- Leverage available resources and technologies (such as tablets
and kiosks, where appropriate) to optimize the customer experience
and serve our customers with operational excellence and
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience
that improves our customers' financial lives.
- Perform teller transactions and maintain cash drawer within
prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing requirements.
- Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions
and providing approvals.
- Actively support the programs and goals of Branch and Bank
Management and must be able to operate the office in the absence of
other branch officers.
- Effectively resolve problems, exceptions, and account
- Approve or disapprove transactions within assigned authority
limits.20% Risk Management and Compliance
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational
and security policies and procedures, including compliance and
privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer
- Ensure the branch staff understands, has knowledge of, and
adheres to operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
Assisting the branch in the training and support of risk mitigation
activities when necessary.
- Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions
and providing approvalsQualifications:
- Typically requires 2+ years of experience and increasing levels
of responsibility within branch operations
- Requires a thorough knowledge of all Bank products and
services, as well as effective communication and sales
- A background in operations and/or financial services (to
include consumer lending) is preferred.
- Proven sales track record and sound operational and risk
management knowledge required.
- Under minimal supervision, must be able to solve complex
customer transactions and/or service issues, while providing
outstanding customer service.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills.
- Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer needs,
providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building
customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales
opportunities to new and existing customers.
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business
partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and
collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
- Actively use and leverage current technologies to better
understand the technology solutions available to improve our
customers' financial lives.
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers
with self-service needs.
- Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to
meet customers' needs.
- Demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning,
and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
- Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory
requirements during all interactions with customers (examples:
Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
influencing skills.Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all
applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan
mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register
with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good
standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank
determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you
will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act
background check and registration process. Failure to register
successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the
SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and
may result in your immediate termination.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of
personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging
the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our
workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex,
age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military
status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic
information, or any other status of an individual or that
individual's associates or relatives that is protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require
that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other
reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected
for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional
Keywords: Union Bank, El Centro , Branch Service and Sales Officer, El Centro, CA, Sales , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!