Industrial Electrician - Plaster City
Company: USG Corporation
Location: El Centro
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor or other
appropriate administrative staff, the electrician is responsible
for, install, maintain and repair the production equipment in a
safe, efficient, cost effective manner; ensure the continuous
operations of assigned equipment plant wide. The technician will
work in rotating shifts and in partnership with other technicians
and operators at the Plaster City plant.DESCRIPTION OF
- Work safely as a top priority by adhering to the plant's safety
policies and objectives.
- Complete on time safety training (Classroom, Hands-On,
- Support company policies, departmental instructions and
objectives in a positive manner.
- Ensure all repair and maintenance work orders are performed
safely, efficiently and within the time frame.
- Work with other department maintenance technicians and
operators to execute efficiently the daily basis work orders.
- Overall responsibility by following maintenance program best
- Communicate value added opportunities and solution plans to
improve safety and equipment performance.
- Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment
- Lead group of operators during routine and non-routine
- Assist with implementation of predictive maintenance programs
including: - vibration analysis, infrared testing, ultrasonic and
motor circuit analysis, etc.
- Participate in training classes/seminars provided by USG or 3rd
- Keep active communication with Electrical Supervisor about
shift performance and any other issue that could arise.
- Submit work orders using e-Factory Pro software (CMMS)Job
- Industrial Electrical Technician certification (Preferred)
- Industrial electrical experience, 3-5 years (Preferred).
- Solid general knowledge of all aspects of electrical work
including: running and bending conduit, making up panels and wiring
- Must possess electrical skills to install, repair and
troubleshoot the following equipment: Three phase AC motors, DC
Motors, Electrical Substations, replace and program Variable
Frequency Drives (VFD's), motion sensors, valve actuators,
instrumentation transmitters, industrial lighting fixtures.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical motor control circuits,
process control instrumentation, transformers and related
electrical distribution systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the approved methods, material, tools
and equipment utilized in electrical installation and maintenance
- Must have knowledge of electrical codes
- Proficient with PLC & Instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Experience with preventive & predictive maintenance tasks.
- Able to read electrical schematics/blueprints.
- Communication skills to interact with operation and maintenance
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).EOE including
Keywords: USG Corporation, El Centro , Industrial Electrician - Plaster City, Professions , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!