Continuous Improvement (CORE) Lead (On-Site)
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flightdesigning, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
were seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious. In
addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. Weve introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment.* Please consider the following role type
definitions as you apply for this role.Onsite: Employees who are
working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes
all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to
the development of our engines.Hybrid: Employees who are working in
Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.Remote:
Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily
offsite (from home).Come ready to explore and youll find a place
where your talent takes flightbeyond the borders of title, a
country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and
well welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission
personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an
organization and an industry thats evolving fast to the
future.Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just
look up.Are you ready to go beyond?*Note: Hybrid and Remote roles
at many of our sites are currently working from home because of
COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and
current site status throughout the recruiting process.The
Continuous Improvement Lead will champion application of Lean, Six
Sigma, Analytics, Goal Alignment, and Project Management techniques
at Pratt & Whitneys Ceramic Matrix Composite Center of Excellence,
located in Carlsbad, CA. The Ceramic Matrix Composite Center of
Excellence develops transformative materials and components for
high-temperature environments - making aircraft engines more
powerful, fuel efficient and lighter. The Continuous Improvement
Lead supports manufacturing & business process, design &
improvement. Qualified candidates will have significant experience
applying said techniques and delivering measurable results.Key
- Works on-site to influence others to accept job functions
view/practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and
- Delivers measurable Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost results
while improving teamwork, collaboration, and innovation.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership
regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
May conduct briefings with senior leaders within the job
- Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues
across functions and/or businesses.
- Implements functional strategy.
- Establishes operational plans for work area.
- Recognized master within discipline, having deep knowledge of
theory and organizational practices within a specific
- Problems faced are typically complex.
- Develops and implements new products, processes, standards or
operational plans that will have impact on the achievement of
- Significantly improves on existing processes and practices.
Requires communication with executives in the business.
- Requires expert or mastery level knowledge of work area,
typically obtained through advanced education combined with
- Advanced knowledge of related disciplines within work area and
ability to identify links and potential impact on projects,
programs or systems.Basic Qualifications:
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10+
years prior relevant experience.
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a
degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
and a minimum of 10+ years of prior relevant experience unless
prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Influence and teambuilding skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7+ years
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent.
- Design of Experiments / Taguchi Methods - planning &
- Complex process monitoring and Analytics.
- Project Management certification or equivalent.
- Agile / Scrum exposure.
- Hot Section Turbine Component Manufacturing experience,
including machining and coating.
- Composite Manufacturing experience.
- Facility stand-up experience.by Jobble
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, El Centro , Continuous Improvement (CORE) Lead (On-Site), Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!