Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: El Centro
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: -EL CENTRO SERVICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation Base:
-Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryResponsible for all security and control related
functions during duty shift per management instructions. -Seeks to
provide maximum facility coordination in detainee supervision and
safety.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors,
gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures
these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety
training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test
alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are
posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly detainee's and other
assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates
prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event
of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that
inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning
employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character
development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the
encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of
physical facilities, and influencing relationships among
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent
physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must meet the requirements of being a Detention Officer.
- One (1) year of experience working in a detention/correctional
- Must be flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the
respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff, possess a
working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders and
possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write
communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract
negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex
oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for security
supervisors and officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain
certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation
as required by U.S. Marshals.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), El Centro , SERGEANT, Other , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!