FOOD SERVICE OFFICER
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: El Centro
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Facility: El Centro Service Processing Center
Pay: $29.73 per hour
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.23 per hour This position is eligible to receive a
Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40
hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Shift: Various Available
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
* Paid time off * Paid holidays * 401(k)
* 401(k) matching * Health Insurance * Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance * Life Insurance * Flexible spending account
* Health savings account * Tuition Reimbursement * Reduced tuition
* Employee discount * Employee assistance program * Pet
* Disability Insurance * Paid training * Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only
those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll
receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the
industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We
Are:GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous
government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified
correctional and community reentry services. From the development
of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This is a correctional food service position assigned to maintain
custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees assigned to Food
Service activities. Oversees and monitors activities of inmates or
detainees while enforcing and adhering to the rules, regulations,
policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises detainees specifically assigned to Food Services by
monitoring and directing them in food preparation, cleanup and
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts
counts, and provides emergency responses as needed.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on detainees/inmates.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates/detainees
in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes facility safety and cleanliness and reports need for
maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completes training courses as required by facility training
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Successful completion of training courses as required by GEO
and facility training standards, including ACA required
- Demonstrated experience in food service activities, with
commercial or institutional meal preparation preferred.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver's license.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert and able to
command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.
- Must be U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation
as required by U.S. Marshals.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., El Centro , FOOD SERVICE OFFICER, Hospitality & Tourism , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!