Company: Carls Jr
Location: El Centro
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Primary Accountability: The Shift Leader is responsible and
accountable for all restaurant activities while on duty, in the
absence of the General Manager and Manager. The Shift Leader works
with the Restaurant Management Team to ensure all activities are
consistent with and supportive of the restaurant's business plan.
The Shift Leader ensures all Crew Persons are performing their job
responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job
Essential Functions: The essential functions of the Shift Leader
position are denoted below in the following key areas:
TOTAL GUEST SATISFACTION
Consistently provides a quality product and Guest service
experience that delivers total Guest satisfaction.
- Takes necessary action to ensure all Guest receive "Six Dollar
Service"; anticipates and exceeds the Guests needs; handles
"special situations" and requests immediately in a positive manner
that encourages Guest to return.
- Effectively "paths" the restaurant to monitor all aspects of
the restaurant's operation to anticipate problems; takes initiative
to correct problem areas immediately.
- Consistently enforces and maintains all Carl's Jr. QSC
(Quality, Service and Cleanliness) standards.
- Monitors and maintains proper staffing level and labor costs
while ensuring high levels of QSC.
- Observes employee attitudes; takes appropriate steps to create
a friendly atmosphere for employees and Guests.
- Suggests to Restaurant Management ways to improve Guest
service.TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Strives to improve the skills and performance of all Crew
- Effectively trains Crew Persons utilizing the existing training
- Provides regular performance feedback to motivate and improve
the performance of all Crew Persons.
- Provides direction and supervision for Crew Persons to maintain
high productivity and high crew morale.
- Communicates employee work performance to the General Manager
and appropriately addresses performance issues; maintains proper
documentation of all disciplinary situations.
- Makes an on-going effort to improve personal performance
level.SUPPORTS BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
Supports efforts to maximize sales and profits and minimize
controllable costs by effectively directing and supervising work
- Makes sound business decisions quickly to ensure Guests receive
service beyond their expectations.
- Effectively plans, organizes and implements all daily
operational routines and activities; completes all required
administrative duties and daily paperwork.
- Able to supervise and perform closing and/or opening duties, as
directed by Restaurant Management.
- Supports the goals, decisions and directives of Restaurant
Management.POLICIES & STANDARDS
Complies with all Carl's Jr. policies and procedures regarding
business and personnel practices.
- Complies with and models all company policies standards,
procedures and guidelines; enforces all in a fair and consistent
- Holds employees and self accountable for the methods and
processes used to achieve results.
- Role models and sets a positive example for the entire team in
all aspects of business and personnel practices.CARL'S JR. SHARED
Models and encourages Carl's Jr. shared values.
- Is completely focused on and driven by the Guest.
- Is of high personal integrity and treats all employees with
honesty, respect and dignity.
- Establishes an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and
direct communication; and provides a communication process that
works up, down and across the organization.
- Is performance oriented and driven; clearly communicates
performance expectations, measures performance results, recognizes
and rewards good performance and is intolerant of poor
High school diploma or equivalent. Good verbal and written
communication skills; is capable of communicating effectively with
General Manager, customers and co-workers; bi-lingual skills a
Must have successfully completed the entire Crew Person Training
Program requirements. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
TRANSPORTATION & INSURANCE
Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver's
license and proof of insurance.
Must have a telephone or other reliable method of communicating
with the restaurant. Maintains an open door policy.
Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including opening
and closing shifts.
Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrates and/or possesses the following:
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot cash handling problems; good
- Excellence in performing the duties of all work stations and in
completing assigned tasks and duties.
- Ability to look at the restaurant operations (from a customer's
- Ability to take initiative.
Must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Bend and stoop.
- Work around heat.
- Work around others in close quarters.
- Move throughout the restaurant and visually observe restaurant
operations and employee work performance.
- Lift 50 - 75 pounds.
- Work with various cleaning products.
Keywords: Carls Jr, El Centro , Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!