Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: El Centro
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Facility: EL CENTRO SERVICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation
Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position diagnoses and treats acute, episodic, or chronic
illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. In
addition, this position focuses on health promotion and disease
prevention; order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as
laboratory work and x- rays; and prescribe medication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine medical examinations on inmates or detainees
under established guidelines.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic medical illnesses.
- Provides medical treatment and services, consistent with the
provision of basic health care services, in conjunction with a
- Formulates comprehensive treatment plans and prognosis based on
the patient's health conditions.
- Prescribes medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on
patients' diagnosis permitted under State and DEA licensure.
- Orders, performs, or interprets the results of diagnostic tests
such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs),
and radiographs (x-rays) with physician oversight as needed.
- Analyzes and interprets a patient's history, symptoms, physical
findings, and diagnostic information to develop appropriate
clinical assessment and treatment plan.
- Develops treatment plans are based on scientific rationale,
standards of care, and clinical practice guidelines.
- Documents all health care services provided and include
comprehensive records of health care plans and prognosis in the
patient's medical record.
- Counsels patients on prescribed drug regimens and possible side
effects or interactions with other drugs or substances.
- Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with
- Educates patients about self-management of acute or chronic
illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual
- Provides patients with information needed to promote good
health, reduce risk factors, and prevent disease or
- Consults with or refers patients to appropriate specialists
when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Reads current literature, talk with colleagues, and
participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep
abreast of developments in nursing.
- Recommends diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with
attention to clinical indication, safety and patient acceptability
and compliance, to treatment plan.
- Schedules follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate
health or illness care.
- Maintains current knowledge of state legal regulations for
nurse practitioner practice and licensure requirements.
- Performs primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting,
administering immunizations, taking specimen cultures, and
appropriate wound care and debridement as necessary.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures in areas such as
safety and infection control.
- Must be available for 24-hour coverage based on the need of the
facility and as assigned, to advise nursing staff in the care of
detainees/inmates/residents after hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. Must
have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered
Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the state the facility is located,
as well as a current DEA license. Must maintain current copy of
applicable licenses at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing principles practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Skill in performing uncomplicated surgical procedures.
- Ability to administer prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform complete physical appraisals of
- Ability to identify and evaluate illnesses.
- Ability to initiate diagnostic laboratory tests and evaluate
- Ability to manage the care of patients.
- Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical
- Ability to compile and evaluate medical histories and other
clinical and laboratory data.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation
as required by U.S. Marshals.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), El Centro , NURSE PRACTITIONER, Healthcare , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!