FIRE & SAFETY MANAGER
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: El Centro
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Facility: El Centro Service Processing Center
Pay: $41.55 per hour
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare
Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and
not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
* Paid time off * Paid holidays * 401(k)
* 401(k) matching * Health Insurance * Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance * Life Insurance * Flexible spending account
* Health savings account * Tuition Reimbursement * Reduced tuition
* Employee discount * Employee assistance program * Pet
* Disability Insurance * Paid training * Other benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have outstanding organizational skills? And is leading
effective facility safety and loss prevention programs what you do
best? If you believe in investing in your community, you might be a
good fit for our organization! We have a great opportunity for a
Fire Safety Manager who wants to make a difference. As the
industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are
looking for people like you to add to our growing team. Join a
Community That CaresJoining GEO means contributing to our mission
to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration
programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for
professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable
interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary
things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes
us who we are.Role and ResponsibilitiesYou will be responsible for
safety and loss prevention programs, ensuring compliance with
current safety regulations and advising management about these
topics. Your functions will include to:
- Develop safety procedures for employees,
- Conduct safety inspections; recommend and implement relevant
- Provide ongoing safety training for all staff and inmates,
detainees, patients, and residents.
- Train and mentor Fire and Safety staff; take part in compliance
audits at other GEO facilities.
- Control the use of hazardous chemicals; ensure Monitors
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) compliance.
- Evaluate needs and monitor usage/effectiveness of personal
- Establish and control sanitation/hygiene standards, air
quality, noise-level, and lighting compliance.
- Ensure fire protection systems and safety equipment are tested
regularly as required by insurers, the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA) or client regulations.
- Develop an Emergency Plan and conduct at least one simulation
- Serve as the operational liaison with community emergency
- Adopt Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Incident
- Conduct scheduled fire drills across all shifts and monthly
safety committee meetings.
- Investigate accidents or near accidents - including reports and
- Ensure the accuracy of the accident recording system or
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) log.
- Review construction/contracted repair activities to ensure
compliance with safety policies and regulations.
- Be on-call 24/7 for emergencies.We're looking for individuals
from different backgroundsBuilding an inclusive culture where every
employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of
GEO's employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity
in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas,
and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to
unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative
Competencies RequiredIf you enjoy working both in a diverse team or
independently, have extensive knowledge of health and safety laws
and regulations (including OSHA and NFPA), as well as strong
computer skills, and if understanding documents such as site plans
and procedure manuals is a breeze for you, keep reading! Apply if
you meet the following:Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree supplemented by training or education in the
principles of occupational/industrial health and safety and two (2)
years of experience in a correctional safety role or five (5) years
of work experience in the military or other industry involving fire
safety, occupational health or loss prevention. (A combination of
education and work experience may be taken into consideration based
on management's discretion.)
- Certification in fire and safety procedures within two (2)
years of entering position.
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate local, state and federal
health and safety laws and regulations including OSHA and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, site plans and procedure
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence and to speak
effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be U.S citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing to undergo a rigorous background investigation
as required by U.S. Marshals.Physical Requirements
- Frequently: lift or carry up to 20 lbs.; bend or stoop; reach
above shoulder level; walk, stand, sit.
- Occasionally: lift or carry up to 60 lbs.; push or pull up to
60 lbs.; drive automatic equipment vehicles; work with machinery;
climb; work in extreme temperatures.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., El Centro , FIRE & SAFETY MANAGER, Executive , El Centro, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!